So, I’ve been nominated for the Blogger’s Recognition Award!!!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Okay, so here’s my brief story on how it all began for me…
Actually, this blog used to go under the name “4crayonsinaboxfullofpencils” because there were three other people who ran it with me. We were a writing group that formed from my ELA class, but we weren’t very serious and soon we all kind of just quit. Only when we were a group we’d started up a blog… Hm. So I asked permission from them, and then took the blog over myself. I’m actually more of a fantasy story writer, but I decided that I wanted this blog to be something different. Like… How about poetry? I’d never written poetry before, but how hard could it be? Just write rhymed verse and find two words that rhymed! Actually, it was a lot harder than I thought it’d be at first, but over time it got easier. Now it’s kind of just second nature. :). So I started writing rhymed verse poetry, and I loved it. For my 8th grade moving up ceremony last week, I even wrote a poem and recited it for my “speech”, and it went really well, better than I thought at least. Amazing where a single idea can take you.
HERE’S MY ADVICE FOR NEWER BLOGGERS…
- Use tags. I didn’t at first, and I didn’t get anywhere
- Write whatever you want and don’t pay attention to the comments you get. This is about you, not other people
- Follow your dreams 😀
Here’s the rules I found
Okay, thank you! I’m going to go find some blogs to nominate, it’s really been a pleasure 🙂